Okay, now I’m excited.
The blogger John, from Stories in the Struggle posted a Love/Hate Challenge. The deal is that you list 10 things you love and 10 things you hate, and then ask all of your readers and followers to do the same. I’m in, John!
This is the core exercise of my book. Making and keeping up these 2 lists was the key to figuring out who I was, and what I needed to be doing in the world. I write about lists A LOT on this blog. A recent post about how you are what you love, can be found HERE. I think this is the very best thing a person can do. Because when you notice what you love and what you don’t love, in the noticing you are paying attention to your life.
And when you pay attention to your life, you discover who you are. It’s freaking magical.
Things I love (in no particular order)
- Cedar waxwings
- Sinking down farther and farther into the sand with each incoming wave.
- The little spit sink and cup at the dentist.
- Office supply stores.
- Marching bands.
- A great white shirt
- Unplowed snow
- Fountain pens.
Things I hate (in no particular order)
- Inserts in magazines that either fall out, or you have to rip them out to read in peace.
- Plastic cutlery
- The warm feeling of dog poop through the plastic bag.
- Parallel parking
- Styro packing peanuts
- Mother’s Day
- The cereal at the bottom of the box.
- The phrase “poster child.”
I am so amped to know what is on the lists of the people who read this blog! I hope lots of you will play.