I just finished reading Clean by Alejandro Junger and I now I am all fired up to do a detox. I want to see what will happen. I wonder how I will feel after 21 days of eating nothing but liquified kale?
(That is a complete misrepresentation of the cleanse diet, but kale IS a very big player.)
Whenever I do weird interesting eating experiments like this (and tell people about them) Whoah! Big reactions!
“Whatta ya doing that for? Aren’t you worried you won’t have enough energy to keep up your practice? What if you lose too much weight? You’re so tiny as it is!” And on and on.
So here’s why I am going to do this particular detox:
1. It makes a lot of sense to “clean house” periodically.
2. This particular cleanse is very sane and sensible.
3. I want to see if it’s possible for me to choke down a green smoothie at 4:30 in the morning.
4. I want to prove to myself that I can live without all the things that make life worth living: caffeine, sugar, alcohol, wheat, and dairy.
But most of all,
5. I want to see if I can raise my vibe as a human being to off-the-chartness. I want to dump any amma, any stuff that is blocking or weighing me down, dampening my vibe. I want to boost my vitality, see how high I can go and still live, and yet not be a totally obnoxious representation of a human being.
Right now I am doing a week of Elimination–going off caffeine and sugar and alcohol, just so next week won’t be a complete jolt to my system.
Then, next week, it’s 2 liquid and one solid meal a day and a 12 hour fast overnight. I am going to take it one week at a time, but if I know me, I’ll probably go the full 21 days.
I’ll be posting about my progress, but please, no comments like: Whatta doing THAT for??? Okay?