The robins are back. The redwing blackbirds returned today. But there is still snow on the ground, and I am still wearing my down coat, and down gloves, and a wool hat. The temps are not going above 40 degrees for the foreseeable future. The lake is still frozen.
Everyone is talking about it. Everyone is complaining and calling it the “unendurable winter.” Since we don’t live in Florida, we are allowed to say “climate change” and a lot of people are saying it.
So I decided to try to come up with 10 Reasons to be happy that it still winter. I enlisted G in this game, and here is our list.
1. We are saving a lot of money on sunscreen.
2. We can stay in the hot tub all night and not get “too hot.”
3. We have no guilt in indulging in Netflix marathons of “House of Cards.”
4. There is no hurry to go into storage and drag out the capris and the t-shirts and put away the sweaters.
5. Neither of us have finished our winter books, so we can sit by the fire and read without the pressure of feeling we should be doing something outside.
6. We both hate taking the cover off the AC unit and there is no reason to do that.
7. Shoveling is great functional exercise.
8. Everyone knows you burn more calories shivering than sweating.
9. There are no mosquitos or bugs.
10. We don’t have to worry yet about exposing our less-than-ready swim suit bodies.
What else can you think of?
Add in the comments. I’d love to hear!
4 thoughts on “The Top 10 Reasons I Am Grateful It Is Still Winter in March”
I still get to wear the winter dresses I love, it’s not too hot in my classroom, and I also love staying in and reading without feeling guilty for not being outside!
Your dresses!!! I love them! I almost want winter to end just to see you in your spring frocks! But winter dresses are good, too. Thanks for reminding me of you, your blog, and your dresses! Mwah!
The power of positive thought? You and G get an A for effort. I’m soooooo over this and cannot think of one thing. Oh, wait, I just thought of one. Crawling under the down comforter on my bed. So comfy cozy and warm!
Micki Sent from my iPad
The way the air in my house feels. The outside wood boiler makes the best heat. It is so cozy and warm.