The robins are back. The redwing blackbirds returned today. But there is still snow on the ground, and I am still wearing my down coat, and down gloves, and a wool hat. The temps are not going above 40 degrees for the foreseeable future. The lake is still frozen.
Everyone is talking about it. Everyone is complaining and calling it the “unendurable winter.” Since we don’t live in Florida, we are allowed to say “climate change” and a lot of people are saying it.
So I decided to try to come up with 10 Reasons to be happy that it still winter. I enlisted G in this game, and here is our list.
1. We are saving a lot of money on sunscreen.
2. We can stay in the hot tub all night and not get “too hot.”
3. We have no guilt in indulging in Netflix marathons of “House of Cards.”
4. There is no hurry to go into storage and drag out the capris and the t-shirts and put away the sweaters.
5. Neither of us have finished our winter books, so we can sit by the fire and read without the pressure of feeling we should be doing something outside.
6. We both hate taking the cover off the AC unit and there is no reason to do that.
7. Shoveling is great functional exercise.
8. Everyone knows you burn more calories shivering than sweating.
9. There are no mosquitos or bugs.
10. We don’t have to worry yet about exposing our less-than-ready swim suit bodies.
What else can you think of?
Add in the comments. I’d love to hear!