1. My yoga studio. How crazy is it that I own a yoga studio? Sometimes I just cannot believe it. I walked in there at 7 this morning to do my personal practice, all bleary-eyed and tired, and walked out all energized and ready for the day.
2. Vince, my trainer. I write about Vince frequently here, but here’s the thing that made me happy today. Vince likes what he does, and it shows, and it makes me happy to to be around him, (even when he makes me do stuff that causes sweat to drip off the end of my nose.) What if everyone felt that way about what they do? Can you imagine? Can you imagine if everyone LIKED what they do for a living?
3. Making Turkey Goulash. Dicing onions, cutting mushrooms, measuring spices, tasting, stirring, and making the house smell amazing.
4. The James Altucher Podcast. Today (as I was making the goulash) I listened to his interview with Chris Hadfield. It was so good. Hadfield talked about becoming competent. It made me want to be competent, too. Chris Hadfield is famous for this YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaOC9danxNo
5. Having Owen in the house. G’s dad arrived today from North Carolina. He drove 12 hours straight through. They are going fishing in the morning. (And that’s why there are worms in our fridge right now.) We ate the goulash and watched Survivor. He is such a happy person to have around.
6. Em and Scott got an offer on their house. This is my daughter’s first foray into the world of real estate. The Portland, OR housing market is crazy! Houses sell hours after the listing goes live. It took 48 hours to get their first offer and they were so nervous. But now they are in negotiations. *fingers crossed*
What made you happy today? Care to share?