Tonight has to be a full moon. How else to account for this much wackadoo-ism? (and btw, is there an “h” in wackadoo? Whackadoo? Or not?)
- I stayed up super-late last night writing and watching The Biggest Loser, so there was no getting up for Ashtanga this morning. Boo. Had the bril idea of going to the gym today to row in order to preserve my streak. Yeah, my chiro said to “Row” because my rhomboids are pathetically girly-girl and it’s a wonder I can even pinky-hold a teacup with the kind of musculature I have back there.
- But never got to the gym today because of dogs. Multiple dogs that needed multiple walks. One golden retriever up and down a very steep hill, twice. One Corgi up and down and all around, once. That should count for at least a half a sticker, don’t you think? But Timbo (the final arbiter of all things “sticker”) is in Chile and so out of consultation range. So my one day “streak” ended today. Boo #2.
- Pudding. OMG, I am craving pudding. Rice. Sometimes tapioca. I don’t even like pudding, except now I can’t seem to get enough of it. Anyone have a great (read: easy) rice pudding recipe? The stuff they sell in the dairy aisle is meh to the nth degree. But I am resorting to it because all the incessant dog-walking is eating up all the pudding-making time-slots in my day.
- Puppets. I love puppets. As soon as I enter a toy store, I make a beeline for the puppets. God help the poor kid who happens by if I have a puppet on my arm.
So I had an idea today (during dog walk number 17) that I would like to make a line of puppets called “Inner Wisdom Guides Puppets.” I could customize them like they do with Build-A-Bears to look like what you imagine your Inner Wisdom Guide looks like. You could slip your hand into it and let it talk to you, and you could talk back to it, and in that way save thousands in therapy. Anyone know anybody who could help me with the sewing/design part of this? I need an Inner Wisdom Guide puppet. Bad.
4. Dark Chocolate-covered Pomegranate berries. Right up there with Pretzel Thins, but at the other end of the taste spectrum. Serving size? 20. Srsly? Twenty? Yep. Must be a full moon thing.
Not feeling the least bit hungry now. Tomorrow the moon begins to wane. Thank god.
3 thoughts on “Pudding, Puppets and Chocolate Covered Pomegranates”
So happy you have pretty much recovered. I don’t have to go around limping anymore (like a sympathetic pregnancy).
So sweet of you to limp in solidarity! I had no idea! Yes, I am feeling much improved. :>
I have a recipe for rice pudding that I will get for you. I haven’t made it in very long while so I can’t tell you how easy it is, but I do remember it being very yummy, especially when it is still warm. Oh, now I think I need to make some too!